Join for an hour of trauma-informed rest and relaxation to invigorate your well-being and self-care routines. Together we will breathe, ground, reflect and move our bodies to integrate and expand our toolbox for resilience. We’ll be exploring topics that promote reflecting on our self-care and healing journey to cultivate skills for self-compassion and self-regulation through mindful breath, gentle movements and journaling.
Sally, an MSW intern on the survivor care team, will be leading the sessions. She is excited to be guiding this weekly series to support survivors in ways that are grounded and practical for everyday life. The classes weave together the science and neurobiology of trauma with mindfulness, breathe and movement to provide an hour-long journey that practices cultivating an embodied connection to safety and self that supports self-regulation and self-compassion. She shares “I take a humble stance as the one to be guiding this journey. I hope to hold a welcoming space and an open mind for all expressions and embodiments to belong as we gather to nourish and recharge.”
Join for one session or join for all! They will be held every Thursday at 4pm from February 25th until April 22nd.
Sign-up for emails with the zoom link here! Once signed up, you will receive an email with the zoom link Thursday mornings before class.
Please note, this space is for survivors of sexual violence, stalking, sexual harassment, gender-based violence.
If you have any hesitations, questions, or concerns, Sally is all about making this an accessible safe space to all and is happy to connect and clarify. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org (please put subject of the email as: Wellness Weekly Inquiry)
What to expect:
- Expect to sit on the ground and breathe consciously.
- Move your body and get into some simple yoga poses, open to all levels.
- Reflect and journal on various wellness topics.
- Cultivate awareness skills, becoming aware of bodily sensations, thoughts, emotions.
- The space is trauma-informed and sensitive to your needs
What you need:
- A yoga matt or comfortable surface to sit, move and stretch
- Journal at hand
- Pillow and blanket for comfort
Do I need to have my video on?
- No, video participation is optional yet encouraged.
Relevant Background of Facilitator Sally Plank:
- SAPAC Advocate/MSW Intern, Jan 2020 - Present
- Yoga Certified 200-HR YTT & Taught Hatha Style Yoga at Blue Moon Wild Yoga 2019-2020
- Reiki Level 1 Certified w/ 3 years of practice in various modalities of Energy Healing (Sacred Geometry, Hands-on Healing, Remote Healing, Shamanism, Nature Based Elemental)
- Practice Mindfulness & Meditation for 3+ years