The Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Center (SAPAC) promotes healthy relationships, teaches non- violence and equality, supports survivor healing, and fosters a respectful and safe environment for all members of the University of Michigan community.
SAPAC provides educational and supportive services for the U-M community related to sexual assault, intimate partner violence, sexual harassment, and stalking. We are committed to fulfilling this mission in a culturally sensitive, empowering, and empathic way. We serve all racial, ethnic, religious, class backgrounds, sexual orientations, and gender and social identities. SAPAC is fully supported by U-M's Student Life in its commitment to model creative leadership, promote campus civility, and nurture mutual respect based upon the principles and practices of nonviolence.
Why Give to SAPAC?
Annual Gifts are imperative because funds raised through Annual Giving can be used to meet the immediate needs of SAPAC.
Why does U-M need my support EVERY year?
While endowment funds are earmarked both in how they can be used and when, Annual Gifts are funds that SAPAC can use immediately and where needed most. Each academic year, the University faces unexpected challenges. Annual Gifts from donors like you are vital to ensure our ability to overcome obstacles and maintain the Michigan difference.
Your gift to SAPAC supports:
- SAPAC Gifts (Annual Fund)
- Sexual violence prevention through Relationship Remix, University of Michigan's nationally- recognized sexual assault violence prevention peer education workshop, delivered every fall to over 5,000 freshman students annually
- Victim assistance to help all survivors of sexual assault, sexual harassment, intimate partner violence and stalking heal from their traumatic experience and thrive inside and outside the classroom
- Peer-Led Support Group, a weekly, drop-in and confidential group for survivors to express concerns and find support among peers in a comfortable setting facilitated by student staff.
- Student Education and Leadership through our three student volunteer programs—Peer Educators; Networking, Publicity and Activism, and Men's Activism—as well as our Ally Training program
- SAPAC Survivor Fund This fund is specifically for emergency costs survivors sometimes incur, such as changing locks, flight tickets and emergency medical bills.
How does U-M solicit for gifts?
Alumni and friends are contacted via mail, email, and Telefund, U-M's student telephone fundraising program. Michigan is a big place, so you may be contacted by the general Annual Giving office or by someone at a school, college, or unit on campus. As a whole, we strive to make giving to the University and allocating your gift to the area you wish as simple as possible. So when you are contacted remember you can support student life no matter who reaches out to you.
There are many ways you can give to SAPAC:
- Annual Giving- A fund that is put to use where most needed within a fiscal year.
- Outright Gifts- Gifts of cash, securities or “gifts in kind” make an immediate impact. Gifts in kind include artwork, books and equipment that may be useful to SAPAC.
- Planned Giving- A giving strategy that allows you to make a meaningful charitable contribution while possibly enhancing you and your family's future financial well-being.
- Bequests-One of the simplest ways to give, you can leave a gift from your estate within your will.
We would be happy to talk about any of these options with you.
How to Make Your Gift
We have provided information on how you can make your gift below. In addition, please feel free to call us anytime if you need assistance.
- Online giving- Use our simple and secure online form to make a gift right now using your credit card.
- Cash, Securities, Gifts in Kind- Find out how to give by mail, transfer or payroll deduction. Discover the advantages of gifts of securities and the opportunity for gifts in kind.
- Matching Gifts- Take an extra moment to see whether your employer will leverage your giving with a matching contribution.
We're here for you!
We're passionate about connecting donors with Michigan. We welcome questions about Annual Giving and hearing from you about your reason for participating. If there's something specific you'd like to support and you don't see it on our communications, please contact us. We'll help you get your donation to the right place.
To speak to us about giving opportunities please contact: