Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Center

Outline of a judge's gavel

Legal Assistance

Student Legal Services can assist enrolled students with legal matters that do not involve other students or the University of Michigan.

Student Legal Services
715 N. University Ave., Suite 202
(734) 763-9920


Legal Services of South Central Michigan (LSSCM) provides legal assistance to low-income and all senior citizen residents in thirteen counties, including Washtenaw County.

LSSCM: Washtenaw County Office
420 N. Fourth Ave.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
(734) 665-6181


Family Law Project (FLP) is a partnership between University of Michigan Law School and LSSCM that provides legal assistance on domestic violence-related matters to low-income residents of Washtenaw County. You must be referred through SafeHouse Center to receive services from FLP.

Family Law Project
(734) 998-9454


Outline of an airplane

Visa & Immigration Assistance

Students, faculty and staff sometimes have questions about how various actions (e.g., a reduction in course
load, change in work circumstances) may impact their visa or immigration status.

Additionally students, faculty or staff may have questions regarding whether they are eligible to obtain visas (U and T visas) specially designated to assist victims of certain crimes.

Private and confidential information about immigration status and visas is available from the International Center (IC) for both the primary status holders as well as any individuals in a dependent immigration status, such as H-4, J-2 or F-2, that is sponsored by the University of Michigan. You should feel free to involve an advocate, such as SAPAC (734) 936-3333, when contacting the IC, to ensure the IC has all of the information
necessary to provide an accurate response. Note that the IC may have to refer you to external immigration counsel for certain questions.

International Center (including Faculty & Staff Immigration Services)
1500 Student Activities Building
515 East Jefferson Street
(734) 764-9310 (for students, scholars, and their dependents) (for faculty, staff, and their dependents)

International Institute of Metropolitan Detroit
111 East Kirby
Detroit, MI 48202
(313) 871-8600


Outline of money

Student Financial Aid

Students may have concerns about financial aid matters, such as how their financial aid might be affected by a reduction in course load.

Information about financial aid matters is available from the Office of Financial Aid, or from the individual University unit that administers the particular scholarship or other form of financial assistance.

Since there can be extenuating circumstances in these matters, students are encouraged to involve an advocate, such as SAPAC (734) 936-3333 when contacting one of these offices, to ensure that that office has all of the information necessary to provide an accurate response.

Office of Financial Aid
2500 Student Activities Building
515 E. Jefferson Street
(734) 763-6600